If you’re a baker, you’re no stranger to Swans Down. If you love desserts you’ve probably had it before. Either way, you’ll get baked delights with a featherlight texture because it’s a pure soft flour—27 times finer than all-purpose flour—and does not contain a leavening agent or salt. I started using Swans Down years ago and this was the first recipe I tried and it never disappoints. Chocolate chip cookies get the upgrade they deserve when baked with Swans Down® Cake Flour.
YIELD: 20 COOKIES
- 1 3/4 cups sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar. packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips or chocolate bars, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 350℉.
- WHISK sifted flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Mix melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, corn syrup, milk and vanilla extract together in separate bowl. Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir until incorporated. (Be mindful not to over mix so the cookies stay tender.) Fold in chocolate.
- SCOOP about 2 ounces (1 ½ tablespoons) of dough for each cookie and form mounds 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden on the edge and slightly puffed in the center.